View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
But for me the burning question is this. Does the main feature sound any different to how it did on the 2004 remaster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
If you mean the actual Rumours album itself, then no, at least not to me. It sounds exactly like the 2004 reissue. Even "Silver Springs" is the same version as on the 2004 reissue, and not the single mix, even though it's identified as a B-side in the liner notes. The only difference is that this song is tacked onto the end after "Gold Dust Woman".

Not sure if the difference is due to listening to the mp3 rip of the 2004 re-issue & having the "mixed/mastered FOR iTunes" 2013 version; but I thought the new version sounds light years better than the 2004 re-issue. I actually sat down and PURPOSELY listened to the album all the way through both versions. (although I did flip-flop "Songbird" & "Silver Springs" in the running order of the new version)

Again, it's incredibly difficult for me to say nice things about Rumours, but I thought the new version sounded great. Heard things in the songs I never heard before on any other version.