View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I could get HBO, but they say you can't have everything.

I saw a couple Toy Hunters, but it mostly makes me feel bad about how I don't have many of my old toys anymore, and certainly not mint in their original boxes!

I remember seeing Carroll O'Connor on an old Wild Wild West episode and he was a very smart villain type, and nothing like Archie Bunker. My respect for his acting went through the roof where it already was for Jean Stapleton.

Lately I've been watching some old British shows on DVD...

I just got The Owl Service and Ace Of Wands, a couple of '70s fantasy type shows aimed at teenage and up. Very high quality. I'm going to savor them an episode at a time. Now if they'd only release the original Phoenix & the Carpet series (not the movie version).

'Dave Allen At Large' is another one. I loved how this Irish comedian always closed with 'good night, and may your God go with you'. He was also very good looking I thought as well as funny.

Oh, and have been playing a few Peter Cook comedy vinyl records of old tv performances. His Mr. Wisty stuff is a real tonic for me! Probably due to a secret desire to dominate the world in the name of spindly and spotty invisible people who study tadpoles in gossamer trench coats. That will make no sense to the uninitiated.

Last edited by becca; 06-13-2013 at 11:39 PM..