Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last May when we were leaving a big festival near Asheville called LEAF (think an artsy, creative, love fest of an event), we hopped a van/shuttle with some other festival goers. In the shuffle of us all grabbing a seat and playing musical chairs, I ended up in the very back row with two people not in our group. That’s not a bad thing, meeting new folks is good, except maybe these folks hadn’t bathed much and they had definitely “altered their psyche” a bit.

However, I can’t not talk to anyone standing or sitting beside me, so before I knew it we were discussing some remake of a song playing on the radio. Somehow in that conversation, I ended up describing my distaste for Stevie Nicks’ rendition of the Dave Matthews Band classic “Crash”. After a bit we discussed other remakes gone bad and determined that there were some premises necessary for a good remake. And before I knew it, the patchouli smelling guy beside me confessed that he felt a certain passion for the cover albums recently released by Rod Stewart.

http://raggedaroundtheedges.wordpres...b-confessions/