View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
People like this have always existed in the fan world. The longer the time one has spent in the fan world, the more people like this one has seen in action.

The only way to avoid the rotten ones is to avoid the good ones, too, & I've never chosen to do that. There are too many cool, funny, generous fans around to avoid the whole world, as far as I'm concerned.
It's funny, but I've been a part of the online fan community since 1996/97, but apparently I've been far more insulated in my experiences... somehow... than I ever would have thought.
I was burned once early on by someone I trusted and shared a little too much personal info with, but after that turned around and bit me in the butt, I've been careful to get to know people really well before taking them into my confidence, or having any kind of dealings with them.

So I guess aside from that one bad experience, it seems that I've been EXTREMELY lucky in regards to the people in the fan community that I've developed relationships and friendships with.