View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
My guess is Christine probably doesn't give Bob Welch a passing thought much at all. Definitely a disgrace - there wouldn't be a Stevie and Lindsey era of Fleetwood Mac if there wasn't a Bob era. And that time has some of Christine's best songs in her entire catalog IMO. Dumb.

I always wondered what the point of that Christchurch show being filmed was - would they have released a live show such a short time after releasing the HFO video? Like The Dance, HFO was polished and while good, a full length HFO era concert, warts/rain and all, would be a great release.
I would love to sit down with Christine and talk about the early days with Bob. I don't think they got along very much. I say that only because of the things Bob said. He was the first American in the band and he said they and especially Christine expected to be treated like royalty. Bob also said Christine did not like his speaking parts during live shows and would give him the evil eye.
On the flip side, the show with Bob in 1981 they were all smiling friends. It was Lindsey who produced Sentimental Lady to make it a big solo hit for Bob which again Christine sung back up. Now that he has passed, I am sure she would have nothing but good things to say about him. But the treatment he got for the RRHOF was horrendous and probably over not that much money. And the worst part of it was Mick's second book where he raved about Bob over and over, never a bad word. It was pure propaganda compared to the hard truth how he was treated. I may be in the minority but I was insulted the band performed Hypnotized on stage just as much as Second Hand News during this last tour. These people have NO SHAME.