View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
There is an honest and genuine debate to be had;

Would Lindsey joining Mick, John and Chris (without Stevie) been more successful than Stevie joining Mick, John and Chris (without Lindsey) in 1975 or vice-versa? Obviously that assumes at least somebody else joins with Stevie (perhaps BW stays but LB doesn't join).
Who had the biggest impact???

The truth is, probably neither band would have sufficiently made enough waves. But of the two, who would have garnered more success?

I genuinely don't know. Depends on the other guitarist I guess.
It’s conjecture, but I imagine FM would have continued to do moderately well to even a little better with just LB and CM fronting the band. But for how long? Two or three years tops?

SN would not fit in with the core trio unless LB was there. She ended up being the reason FM became superstars. Without her, they were merely a very fine rock band. But LB’s presence as the bridge between SN and the former blues players was essential in order for it to happen.

In short, FM could only be the iconic band they became with all five of them on board. After LB left in 87, they declined. After SN and CM stopped touring and SN left in 1990, they declined further. After CM outright left in 1998, they were able to continue but without as huge a fanfare as before. After LB was fired in 2018, they repeated themselves as a covers band.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-26-2020 at 04:21 PM..