Addicted Ledgie

Default another review

http://www.q107.com/2017/07/11/linds...dweiser-stage/

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie @ Budweiser Stage
Toronto, ON, Canada
/ Q107 Toronto
Staff
July 11, 2017 02:19 pm

The Wallflowers, led by frontman Jakob Dylan, Bob Dylan’s son, opened the show.

From the very first arpeggio to the very last keystroke, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie mesmerized the audience throughout the night with their musical chemistry. The duo took over The Budweiser Stage, performing songs from their new eponymous duet album – Lindsey Buckingham/ChristineMcVie – and many of the idolized Fleetwood Mac songs of the rock era.

The show started off with Buckingham performing an acoustic version of “Trouble” on a dimly lit Budweiser Stage. The enthusiastic crowd came to a complete hum while Buckingham and McVie’s voices echoed throughout the amphitheater. The duo went on to perform Fleetwood Mac’s “Wish You Were Here” and “Never Going Back Again” without a backing band, before taking a minute to tell the tale of McVie reuniting with Fleetwood Mac after a 16-year hiatus.

“One of the byproducts of that and one of the happiest surprises was that she started sending me, (across the pond) bits and pieces of song ideas and being the ‘Studio Animal’ that I am…I did my work on them and when she came over here finally for rehearsals for the Fleetwood Mac tour so we would work in the studio and look into these things, communicating back and forth…and here we are! That led us to where we are Now!”
Buckingham and McVie continued with songs from their duet EP, including the new single “In My World”. But it was the Fleetwood Mac classic hits “Little Lies”, “Tusk”, “You Make Loving Fun” and “Go Your Own Way” that had the crowd on their feet roaring with excitement…and yearning for more. The duo played a 3-song encore, including “Everywhere”, “Lay Down for Free” and finished with McVie’s piano-driven “Game of Pretend”.

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie will be touring with Fleetwood Mac next year.

– Alyona Kravtsova

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"