View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got home. Loved the show. Not sure where to start. I really haven't kept up with too many of the reviews of the other shows, and I could never top Michele's, but hopefully I can hit the high points. First of all, I would have to say that Stevie seems the happiest she's been on a Fleetwood Mac tour since The Dance, very present and engaged. For me, her first two songs were her weakest. With Dreams, the problem seemed to be that she was buried in the mix; it almost sounded like Lindsey was singing the chorus solo. Rhiannon didn't quite click either, but after that she was golden. Which leads me to a question.....are those two songs just hard for her to sing (and thus probably not good ones to open with), or does she just need a couple numbers to get warmed up?

Sad Angel was great, and everyone seemed to enjoy it, which is nice for a new song. I thought Without You was great too, and I think Stevie's speech was similar to other nights, although when she said FM really just needed a brilliant guitar player, Lindsey chimed in that "luckily they realized they also needed a brilliant lead singer." I'm not sure if that has been part of the script, but Stevie seemed surprised by it and said that it was very sweet of him to say that.

I barely heard a word of the Big Love speech because of a bunch of idiots behind me who wouldn't shut the f**k up to save their lives. The song was well received, but I would say the technically-never-a-hit I'm So Afraid blows it away in terms of being a showstopper.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to her goddaughter Amy and to someone who is like a second brother (and he will know what that means), whose name is Cory. After Stevie left the stage, and Lindsey was getting ready to do NGBA, the crowd erupted into Happy Birthday. Stevie came back out to thank us and said something about calling it an un-birthday.....I couldn't hear her exact words over the crowd noise, but it was a really nice spontaneous moment, and everyone gave her a standing ovation. Why didn't I get the memo about singing after Landslide? You Ledgies are supposed to keep me informed!

I'm generally not a huge fan of Not That Funny, but I liked it a lot tonight, and EOTW is so great live, even though it doesn't stand out for me on Mirage. I really enjoyed both Sara and Gypsy, and even though we think of them as not translating well to the stage, they both got big reactions from the audience too.

When Mick was introducing the band and got to Stevie, he said he had promised not to say anything but since all of us had already sung to her, he also wished her a happy birthday and said she would kill him later.

Lindsey mentioned at least twice what a good crowd we were, and while I'm sure he says that every night, he may very well have meant it. The crowd ate up every moment of the show tonight, and that's not always the case in this town.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, so if I think of anything else I will post more in the morning.