View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
We certainly need the humour here because being a fan of Fleetwood Mac is generally very devout of humour most of the time but there needs to be more fairness, less bias to members you personally like and increased objectivity to how comments can offend others.

Nasty comments about band members weight and appearance (I seldom notice that the male members of FM are negatively critiqued), previous drug abuse, sexual history, reproductive choices or even comparisons to leaders of genocide shouldn't really in this day in age be tolerated or overlooked.

I think the problem some members have John is at what point will you say enoughs enough and make a stand and agree that some comments are simply not funny and are both cruel and offensive to others particularly with posters who do this relentlessly.

I don't think it can simply be put that it's just Stevie fans that get frustated on this board by comments, LB gets equally attacked for his previous aggressive behaviour by many members but regardless of who gets the most, a lot of this language is not funny and is offensive and is continually tolerated.

Of course I have now realised I am also guilty of this myself and am not simply pointing fingers. Someone last week mentioned introducing drugs back to the band since their Ellen performance was so appalling. I found this hilarious but noted later others did not and were bothered and offended by that. That UPSET me, as that is not my motivation here and it made me rethink what I say and post.....this should be the way others think and behave surely...lets all keep it comical but there is no need to be motivated to offend and to do that repeatedly over and over, that's just school yard behaviour.....

Be kind, be funny but be considerate

Here, here.
Be excellent to each other.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood