View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I know this is the "what if" game again, but anyway I would say...
  • If Mick had hired Lindsey without Stevie in 1975, the story would have been different. Far different, obviously not for better
Well, not as commercial, to be sure. However, Lindsey was never offered the job without Stevie, so it’s a moot point. Considering Lindsey only wrote two and a half songs on the 1975 album, they would still have needed someone else to fill out the album.

Quote:
  • If Mick hadn't met Lindsey in 1974, me and many southamerican people would never have heard Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood Mac was doing just fine in the United States, the South included. Folks in Alabama and Georgia also knew “Oh Well” and “Hypnotized.” Bob’s last album was in the Top 40. No, they were setting the charts on fire, but their music wasn’t exactly mainstream, either. Still, they had a longstanding contract on a major label and weren’t at risk of getting dropped. WB could have easily dropped Fleetwood Mac in 1974, but stuck with them.

Quote:
  • If the present band released a studio album, it wouldn't be as good as any Rumours lineup album (to say the least).
And, as in 1990, that wouldn’t be the fault of the new guys. However, expecting a band in their ‘70s to recreate the success they had over 40 year ago is comical on premise alone.

Quote:
  • If Say You Will had Christine, I can't imagine the great album that had been.
It would still have fallen short. It would have been great, but wouldn’t have been a hit or as celebrated as their legendary output. Which is exactly what it was without Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins