View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie not being on "Time" isn't the sole reason for its failure. There were too many new people with that album . . . and that was just at the label. Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker, who both firmly prioritized Fleetwood Mac for years, left Warner Music in August, 1994. The new bean counters didn't have that loyalty, and promoted the band accordingly.

Of course, the band expecting fans to warm up to a new lineup most didn't know was a little much to ask. That was a major part of their history between 1967-74, but the game had changed by 1995. Although, to be fair to the band, it's not like "Out of the Cradle" or "Street Angel" amounted to much in the way of sales. If Stevie had been involved, "Time" would have gone from being a miserable failure to a slightly less miserable failure.
I like Time.They did not give enough time to catch on."Pun intended".
the 1987 tour and the 1990 outing with the two new boys in the band did great but I miss Lindsey .The Mac had its share of its employment issues like your local shops or warehouses where there is a revolving door an a continuous stream of people that quit/fired going out and new hires are coming in. .Today with FM and including now .If they"The Mac"Demanded Stevie to record .She should go and do it .Its her employer .Employment insubordination .Any of us try to delay or not obey orders from our employer and end up getting demoted or get FIRED.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016