View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastelGravel View Post
That's awesome Regina! Wish I was there. BTW, you mentioned Farrah. Is it the same Farrah from Burnish.net days? I never hear about anyone from then, so I got excited!
Yup. The one and only Farrah I know. She's great. We've been friends now for...eons. I actually have kept up most of my early Ledge friendships. I've always said that we (sometimes) argued to the death but, at the same time, formed lifelong friendships, which is very, very nice.

Quote:
When I met Lindsey, I totally blanked out on anything worthy of discussion and sort of fangirled (calmly) and expressed my adoration for his music and genius. He was so sweet to me, so I think it didn't bother him.
Nico--The funny thing is, I've met him a few times before. I talked to him twice. I was SO calm during the previous times. And, we actually had more contact than this time but ... maybe it was the formality. I have no clue. I was just a giddy doofus. But, yeah, he was great. As to his size, it's funny because when I've stood next to him, he doesn't seem as small but, geez, yesterday...I felt gargantuan. And, I am a large woman but still...

Quote:
Two quick things:

2. When Lindsey signed my CD I said: "It's an honor. And I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that SAY YOU WILL is the best American album of the decade!" HIs response: "Thank you! There's some ballsy **** on that album!" And I must have made a face like: "ballsy?!" I honestly don't remember what I said though: I hope it was something like: "Yes, it is a great thing." or something but I think my face was just like: "BALLSY?!"
TrueFaith...I'm pretty sure we were about two people behind you in line. I heard you mention SYW, although I didn't know in what context. Ballsy. Ha! I think he was totally referring to The Song Known As "Come." That one was definitely ballsy.

(For the record, I thought Big Love sitting down was odd, too. I kind of expected him to hump that ugly old chair. And, Rock Away Blind was awesome)