View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
They made 2 albums and toured twice in 10 years. The analogy is demented—as pertains the viability of Fleetwood Mac.

She didn’t want to give up cocaine or be responsible for loving someone more than herself (as she said “I don’t want anyone asking me where I am going or when I am coming back”—this dictum applies to motherhood as much as marriage).

In a capitalist-consumerist society, legalized abortion is de facto eugenics.

So on the bright side: The human race is spared the propagation of her vile genes.
thus, so is war.

I'm always amazed at how some people put human life on a pedestal and declare it is somehow more special or more important than any other life on the planet. It isn't. It's just a myth that was created eons ago by frightened humans sitting around the fire to say we are in the image of some fantasy god. We aren't. We're just mutating DNA like everything else on the planet.

At the embryonic stage it is just a growth on / in a woman's body. She can decide whether to have it removed or let it grow. It doesn't affect anyone other than her directly, and whomever she chooses to involve in her decision. One's life could be ended while still a bundle of cells, or by getting hit by a bus, or by cancer, or by an enemy grenade. There is no guarantee of anything. Thus, enjoy the life you have whilst you have it, love the ones you love, and be happy if you wake up again tomorrow morning.

Of course, I have no more knowledge than anyone else, and I could be wrong.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-17-2020 at 03:38 PM..