View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This happens all the time. Its news here because its a Fleetwood Mac song. I have never heard any band or artist paying a viral video maker money because it made their song chart again.
I just think Fleetwood Mac should be held to the same standard. He's gotten so much from this video in money and an expensive truck. He's now a celebrity which will bring him even more offers.

None of this is new. You really want the standard to be for others that imitate him to shake down musical groups for money........."Well the guy in the cranberry juice video was paid"
Its not good.
I never suggested that she or the band pay him.

All I said was she could acknowledge the whole situation... if not him personally, then just act like you know what's going on outside of your nag champa fog. She's so upset and frightened about covid etc etc.....this is just a nice, positive thing instead, one that has boosted her visibility right now, and again, I'll repeat it would give her the chance to say what she's always said about wanting her songs to lift people up and take them away even for 3 minutes and bring them joy.

I don't expect her to say anything. If she does, she will look like a moron because as these things go, they're here and gone in five minutes. The whole thing has already mostly blown over, so commenting now just makes her look too old and out of it. I'm not Mick's biggest fan but I will give him credit that his timing on it (regardless of his motivations) was perfect (and he attributes that to his kids urging him to do something in response). And he talked to the guy on air on BBC and looked like 'wow what a nice guy so nice to his band's fans'. Maybe Stevie thinks that's enough; Mick interacted with the hoi polloi so she doesn't have to.

She should be grateful for the boost to her old stuff, coz her new stuff sucks.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-12-2020 at 12:19 AM..