View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, she or anyone does not have to keep their mouth shut. Its a free country with freedom of speech. You are freaking out because Stevie said 4 words. "I am not for Trump" That it. She's not doing commercials, fund raising, or calling Trump horrible slurs like Ted Nugent (calling Obama subhuman mongrel).
What Stevie said is barely political. She was on David Letterman in 1994 and did not even support Bill Clinton (said he was too young). Who cares what she thinks.
You are so tribal that if everyone is not a robot 100% praising Dear Leader it freaks you out.
Chill. There is cancel culture on both the left and right. But you are wrong accusing it only coming from the left. The right cancelled Dixie Chicks and their career. Clear Channel which is right wing media and owns most radio stations in the USA pulled the Chicks from rotation and they were banned on Country Music shows and radio. Their album was #4 and then fell off the charts and they never charted again. Read your own thread and your outrage Stevie answered a question she was asked and gave a short answer. How dare she!
Shut up and dribble
Shut up and sing
Unless of course you publicly support Dear Leader
We dont want to live like this
To be fair, we were basically at war with another country and the Dixie Chicks bad mouthed their own country overseas. Natalie is a motor mouth and she destroyed their group. Their sales suck now.

However I’m not going to respond to these comments anymore. There is no point. I think you are the one who is tribal, and I’m sick of the Trump hate, but I’m used to it. I always thought one good thing about Stevie was that she tried to stay out of politics. Not anymore. Stevie just doesn’t care anymore who she upsets.