View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhfs0bhA...en-by=kbchrush

As visitor to the Penguin back to the days of Marty and Lisa in the Mid 1990's, I have experienced many highs and lows with this band, but this is by far the deepest sadness I have ever felt regarding any Fleetwood Mac happening.

It is now clear as evidenced by Lindsey's family's social media musings that this was not Lindsey wanting out. For all his personal failings in the 70s and 80s, he has essentially lived his life over the last 20 plus years as a person devoted to his family and the musical output of this band. He has led it musically, as its most consistent spokesperson and stage presence since 1997, and the band probably would not have had this 20 year second act if it was not for his vision and persistence.

I suspect the Washington Post article was a "friend of FM mgmt" piece to fire a shot across Lindsey's bow that in this "me too" era we will drag up every piece of the past we can, factual or not, relevant or reformed, to embarrass you and your family if you do not play nice.

It is sad that this how it will end for FM & Lindsey. Don't fool yourself, the tour will do just fine. The guys they brought in are talented, the draw is the name of the band and Stevie. Doesn't mean it is right or that I will attend. If I did, I would pay for a front row seat and stand with my back to the stage for the duration.

In all reality this tour will be the end of the band, so its final snap shot in what is for sure the last decade of some of the members' lives, will be this separation that will permanently darken the legacy and innovation of what was the collective musical greatness of these five people.

Last edited by John Run; 04-13-2018 at 08:07 AM..