View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
He toured with Stevie in 2006 (when she joined the Heartbreakers), so to that extent he knew what he was getting into.
Well, he's been hanging out with Stevie for 37 years. Nothing about her surprises him, surely, but the experience of playing lead guitar for Fleetwood Mac may not be what he thought it would be, or it may be precisely what he thought it would be, or something in between. I don't know what the others in the thread think, but I don't think Mike loves being in the band. I don't have any anecdotes in mind, just a sense that playing "Rhiannon," "Don't Stop" and "Say You Love Me" every week for ten months is going to pall for him sooner or later. Without knowing for sure, of course, I would say he has absolutely no emotional investment in or connection to Fleetwood Mac 2018. It's just a gig. I had these thoughts when he joined, and voiced them here. I'd eat my hat if he gave an interview and said, "I really love this band and its amazing catalog of music, and I'm going to be part of Fleetwood Mac for a long time. Working with John, Mick, Christine, and Stevie night after night is invigorating. I feel like a new man."

moviekinks.blogspot.com