Thread: San Jose 11/21
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Agreed, it’s very common for her to mess up lyrics but I think this was a first. Her stopping the song in the middle basically and explaining why she’s lost. Not saying it’s a bad thing, it’s just a first, unless one of you can a pull a clip of it happening before out of your ass (and I’m not ruling that out)
Yes people mess up and forget all the time. I think she did not want to get caught standing there struggling to remember the lyrics so just cut the song. Its easy to do that during an acoustic song. A full band its much harder. Hardly anything significant IMHO. IMHO its a refreshing reminder that these classic bands are not lip syncers.
I once heard Ann Wilson of Heart say that during a 70's tour the band opened with Barracuda. Ann just froze and forgot the first verse. It must have been terrifying.

Here are some Oooops moments I have witnessed:
I saw Christine perform solo in Pittsburgh in 1984. She came out and said "Detroit, how are you doing?" After Say You Love Me she apologized and made fun of herself and said she knew she was going to get it mixed up somewhere.

In 2013 during the first leg of On With The Show, Mick was introducing the band before Don't Stop. Mick forgot to introduce John McVie and the band started playing Don't Stop. Mick realized what he did and suddenly stopped playing. He stood up and apologized profusely. He said in his entire life at every concert he has never forgotten his wing man John. Christine was making fun of him and said "Now can we start?

Same concert Stevie got the order of songs mixed up. Gypsy came after Over My Head. Well Stevie started telling the audience she wanted to talk about the next song and the inspiration for it. Christine was like...oh really? Then Stevie caught herself and said, oh no, I don't know the inspiration for the next song but it would be wonderful to know.