View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the Rumours 5. And I could forgive them a lot. A LOT. The drama, the BS, the fake love story (that I don't think too many people actually bought?) the lies, etc. But they crossed the line this time. That CBS interview needs to go down as the biggest load of horse sh*t ever. I would love to bend Anthony Mason's ear on that.
There was never a question as to whether or not I would see this current configuration. I wouldn't. I have a ton of respect for Mike Campbell. I saw TPH the July before TP passed away at Forest Hills in NY--Would say the best venue ever to see a concert and I would pay top dollar to see the Rumours 5 play there. I put that concert in my top 5 concerts of all time. But Mike Campbell is not FM. I have respect for Neil Finn as a musician and an artist, but I am not New Wave fan, and to me, CH is New Wave. I saw the videos of GYOW and SHN and he admirably tried to do what LB did, but he couldn't. NF does not belong in a band like FM. He just doesn't.
Christine coming back to FM in 2014/15 was a dream come true. And I loved her until she went all "Benedict Arnold" so this is really tough for me to say, but Christine's voice is shot. Just shot. Like ears bleeding. I don't understand the notion "she's a great studio singer". Does that mean once all the technology in the studio manipulates her voice so it's palpable to the human ear, she's great? FM is a live concert nostalgia act. That's all they do, all they will ever do ever more. If she can't sing unless someone is manipulating her vocals to unrealistic like levels, she shouldn't be there.
Mick is a total buffoon and I actually believe would do ANYTHING for a buck. And as time goes on, I am more convinced John McVie might be a hologram. Honestly, the only person in the band who has held up, and whose voice has matured in a way that, listening to her earlier stuff makes sense, is Stevie. And factoring in studio "manipulation" She sounded fairly consistent on this tour.
FM has truly become Stevie's backing band.