View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie:

For Nicks, carrying on without Buckingham is bittersweet. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” she says. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. This is sad for me, but I want the next 10 years of my life to be really fun and happy. I want to get up every day and dance around my apartment and smile and say, ‘Thank God for this amazing life.’”

Bittersweet means happy and sad at the same time.

I think she just didn't want to say she's thrilled.
It's not bittersweet. She couldn't stand working with him anymore so she gave Mick an ultimatum.
She didn't want him in her life anymore but instead of quiting the band (as any selfless person would do) she got him fired. Because SHE wants to be happy. She couldn't care less about how her wishes were going to affect those around her.

I'm really bitting my tongue, not saying what I want to say about Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.