View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
Thanks, John. I started to wonder if I was just making it up to make a sensible conversation rather than really hearing it.

I'll have to listen again tonight with my Australian ears. If she was buried in Aus it would make the search harder - each of the States has it's own separate Registry, and the search functions on some of them are not great.

The other thing that could be an issue is whether she is really Mrs Scarrott at all?

If the man is Harry as I suspect and this is his 3rd relationship but there is no record of a marriage it could be a de facto arrangement - perhaps people just knew her as Mrs Scarrott when it wasn't actually her name.
Good point, never thought of this. If this is the case, I wonder why they would say in the BT liner notes thanks for "her readings, recorded at her home" if it's not her though. I guess like you say, FM may have referred to her as Mrs. Scarrott as the others in the community did when she may not have been, on paper anyway. It sure would make this scenario more believable in context of the times as well. Sure in 1972, it wasn't as big a deal as it had been to live with someone and not be married but I'm sure it was a bigger deal then than it is now certainly so it's more of a chance this kind of set up may have existed.

Yeah I would ignore the E. 1st initial listing. It may very well end up being right but based on my work on the discography here, I have found many of those to be erroneous so I don't even use those as a source to stretch out this kind of info for the listing here now. Hopefully we can find out from a better source soon anyway.

John