View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I’ve always loved Mystified, I think it’s atmospheric & beautiful. I’ve never understood the hate this song generates. Although I suspect it’s rooted in the same reason why some don’t care for Carnival Begin: there’s only supposed to be one woman in Fleetwood Mac who is allowed to enter into the ethereal.
I'm not sure that's the case. I'm not a huge fan of Mystified and I love Carnival Begins. There's good aspects about the track- the guitar playing around the middle and end is super relaxing and Christine's singing on the verse with "The light that shines around you, it blinds my eyes" line is beautiful. The song is harder for me to get into though because the lyrics are kind of trite at the beginning and the music is just absolutely SACCHARINE, which is sort of a turn-off for me personally. There's zero edge. I get that it's the intention of the song to have that vibe but it's not to my taste unfortunately. That said, it has its place on the album and absolutely contributes to that twinkly, ethereal feeling the whole thing has.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 01-20-2019 at 01:47 PM..