View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
When ChiliD says ridiculous things like "The Dance killed the band"...I laugh, instead of being apalled like most Ledgies.
Nah, nobody should be appalled. Chili likes the same group we like, all in all. He just wants to break through the monolithic & somewhat oppressive tunnel vision for the Nicks & Buckingham years of the group with a rhetorical stance that counteracts the wholesale swallowing of material & achievement from the public favorites. Remember that he spent some of his hard-earned cash (I assume it was hard-earned!) to see ten thousand shows on the Rumours Tour, & more hard-earned cash to see three or four shows on the 1997 reunion, so you have to put his "travesty" epithets into context.

He's just trying to break through the monolith. A lot of us do that in our own ways: I do that by acting goofy & throwing out all my Fleetwood Mac memorabilia. Others do that by leaving the Ledge or committing suicide. Still others do that by committing crimes, such as kidnapping, assault, & putting kosher dill pickles on a Caesar salad.

moviekinks.blogspot.com