View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]
The energy was lost from there. Most of the songs, drawn from her 2014 solo album, were unknown to the crowd and her continuous storytelling of what unfortunately weren't particularly entertaining yarns put a dampener on it.

One story was about a song she wrote inspired by a Prince song - only for Nicks to play something entirely different. It felt as if it was almost inaudible above the sounds of thousands of people scratching their heads.

Some left early. One woman nearby motioned wrapping a noose around her neck as Nicks began another tale. I suspect it was what many were thinking.

After many successful decades, perhaps she'd earned the right to spend almost half the concert not actually singing - but it was indulgent and, quite frankly, tedious.

A couple nearby had flown up from Wellington, having enjoyed Fleetwood Mac so much they wanted more, as I suspect was the same for many others in attendance, but they were left frustrated and disappointed.

The diehards left swooning & buying merchandise, the rest of us left a little exhausted from having our ears chewed and grateful for The Pretenders.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...cks-indulgence
TRUTH! (and I AM a diehard fan )