View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
However if I am a fan of the band in its entirety I'd check once in a while all the forums (even if I wouldn't comment) of its members, especially as you say during the periods of activity together. I just couldn't really say that I love a band If I don't care about a part of its input.
right, and that's why it's so surprising that all these people who are claiming to be Fleetwood Mac fans have been coming out saying how "if Stevie's not there, i don't care about the band".

if 4/5th of the band are doing something, i don't see how you can claim you can't care less about their output if you are a fan of the band. in that case, i think you are a fan of Stevie and whatever she does - whether it's solo, with the band, as a part of some duet etc. you don't care about anything Fleetwood Mac other than Stevie.

and it goes the other way, and with other band members. i learned to love Fleetwood Mac, but i'm definitely not a fan of the band, i'm a LB fan. I'm a fan of what he does, solo or with the band or with others, and i like his solo output better than his band output actually. of course there' so much more of his solo output than his output with the band - because, let's face it, this band has been on ice and hardly prolific for long periods of their existence.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"