View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Okay, That's my understanding as well. But, not knowing what Stevie's plans were, or when she could join them, to me, doesn't express disinterest, nor her not wanting to be a team player. Surely anyone can make a reasonable conclusion, and based on the fact that we as individuals interpret things differently, those conclusions may vary.That's why I asked the questions in my previous post. Just trying to find out if I was missing something. .When you say her reluctance is implied by lack of eagerness, that suggests to me, to be an opinion, unless you are privy to information that hasn't been made public. I agree with you that they would've liked her there with them, but her "choosing" to be elsewhere is speculative due to the fact that we don't know her schedule, contractual obligations for solo projects, etc. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I appreciate your reply, and your opinions. When all is said and done, it's going to be very interesting to hear from FM themselves, through interviews, what and how things really went down. Until then, its all just speculation and opinions.
Oh yeah, I definitely admit there is a bit of speculation on my part (that's kind of a big part of what we do here though, isn't?), but it's at least based on something. My opinion is that she is not under contractual obligation to release this album at this specific time. That opinion is based on feeling that it doesn't make much sense to me considering she's been in this contract for decades and has already taken a decade off. So I don't think she has to worry about the timing of her releases, contractually. It's possible she did it now because she really wanted to do it and she could see the FM train coming out of the station and felt pressure to get it done.

But I'm not basing my comment for the most part on her solo album. I'm basing it on the comments of the band members and her own lack of acknowledgement of the making of this album even in her FM interview when at the same time Christine and Lindsey both mentioned it and a desire to do it. And of course they've mentioned it several times since, but Stevie hasn't done many more interviews although she did have one just couple days ago. It's quite a contrast when you compare the 3 of them and their attitude. at least publicly, toward the project. And again, it's not that Stevie has expressed anything negative about it, but the others have shown genuine excitement and Stevie has yet to even acknowledge that's it's happening.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 12:06 PM..