View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Can anyone post a link to the video or article where this is stated? I'm really curious about this. I don't remember that.
I know I read it somewhere. We’ve been inundated with so much that I don’t remember where I saw it. Still, the only two who’ve publicly justified why Lindsey had to go are Stevie and Mick. John hasn’t said anything beyond he likes the new guys and Christine said she wasn’t part of the decision. If majority rules, and Christine wasn’t part of it, it’s not hard to read between the lines.

Quote:
Or maybe she knew it was a possibility, but she didn't know it actually happened. Meaning she was part of the discussion, but didn't know the trigger had been pulled.
Again, not something any of us will ever be qualified to know.

Quote:
A lot of speculation going on. No one knows exactly what went down. I'd say it's fair enough that Christine was one who didn't want to get rid of Lindsey. But I believe she concurred with the bands' decision to based on the touring conflict. We all know how eager she was, once she got back in FM to get on the road and tour. She was full tilt in the band touring, and recording. A shame that never happened with the Rumours 5. Thanks Stevie!
But, Stevie’s reluctance is nothing new. I agree she should have been booted on principle, but the reality is she’s the money and she’s close to Mick.

Quote:
The pinnacle(s) you're referring to will NEVER happen with FM again, no matter who is in the band.
Hence why, if it’s not the classic lineup, at least it’s got top shelf talent and perhaps a chance to hear some favorites that haven’t been played in decades.

Quote:
Keeping the name out there. That's good for the legacy, no?
Is it? Jim Kale, the bassist for The Guess Who, owns the name and goes out on tour with a bunch of guys who weren’t in that band’s classic lineup. Meanwhile, Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman formed their own duo to go out and play the classics because they don’t have the legal right to the name, even though Burton was the lead singer for all of their hits. It would be like Pete Townshend and Roger Daltry not being able to call themselves The Who.

Regardless, Fleetwood Mac was largely on life support after 2004, and became little more than an oldies act. I’d much rather have had a new band like Buckingham Fleetwood McVie creating new, viable music than reanimating the bloated corpse that Fleetwood Mac had become every few years. When the most exciting to happen to a band is the return of someone that made it possible to hear different old songs, and effectively giving us a proper tour for TITN, it’s hard for me to be overly sentimental for that period.

Quote:
I've always felt, and most people do, that the sum of the Rumours 5 has always been greater than the parts. That's why a lot of us are so disappointed that they couldn't rise above this latest conflict and give us some new music and a proper tour. They did indeed lose their perspective.
Their perspective is the bag of money.

THE Stephen Hopkins