View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm now of the opinion that the Fleetwood Mac name gets laid to rest in 2018. Stevie will go solo full time while the others continue on as Buckingham McVie. Kind of like when "All In The Family" became "Archie Bunker's Place."

Ultimately, if it means a few more albums can come out without all the drama and BS, I can live with it.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I think they're already contractually obligated to do the tour at the end of the year, but I don't see it continuing beyond that....I think there will be some hard feelings over this whole album situation, so I don't think the vibe on the road will be as good.
John has said that he pretty much wants to retire by the time he's 75, so we might see the other three continue on for a while, but it won't be as Fleetwood Mac....I think Mick would be OK using the name no matter who's in the band....anyone, that is, except John!
Plus, Chris is going on 74.....as much as she loved being back, I think it had taken a lot out of her by the end of 2015, and that's just going to increase.
Yep....I think Fleetwood Mac is winding down, sooner and in a more different way than anyone had planned or hoped for. But I have to admit.....I'm kind of interested and excited to see what comes next!

Last edited by Fannymac; 01-14-2017 at 01:55 AM..