View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Ledgie

Default Beautiful Child, Or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
FFS, now the argument is Stevie is a horrible person because she never had a baby which would have changed her. What misogynistic crap. Would never be said about a man.

Also, I maintain that there is more to the story/firing than smirking and Rhiannon. People are just gobbling up Lindsey’s comments as complete truth. Has anyone here been fired? I have, once. Unfairly, but I did have some responsibility. But I refused to look at my contribution to the problem for several months. When I talked about it, I claimed 100% innocence and never told the entire story.

Finally, the band was very rude to make fun of her in front of an audience. She can talk as long as she goddamn wants. They don’t like it - tell her directly. What a bunch of obnoxious children. These people stopped liking and respecting each other a long time ago.

So what if Stevie and Christine never had kids? Does not diminish them one whit. Childfree people are full humans in their own right. And you're spot on about the mysoginism - no one says anything of the kind about men!! What if Stevie and/or Chris had kids, and left them at home with their husbands while the ladies went on tour...they'd be called 'bad moms.' But when Mick, John, and Lindsey leave their kids at home with their wives, it's considered perfectly normal.