View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's no formula as to who is inducted. Bands don't always have a say as to who is included. The Grateful Dead were obviously going to be inducted, and the Hall met Jerry Gracia's demands that everybody be included. With Traffic, Steve Winwood and Jim Capaldi have said that they didn't consider Dave Mason to be a full member of the band, yet he was inducted, whereas none of the others who joined later were inducted. With the Byrds, the only ones inducted were the original members, which had the hits, whereas HIGLY influential latter-day members like Gram Parsons and Clarence White were omitted.

With Fleetwood Mac, it's a bit odd, but I see how they came to that decision. Peter Green wrote a bunch of hits, Christine McVie wrote a bunch of hits, Stevie Nicks wrote a bunch of hits, Lindsey Buckingham wrote a bunch of hits, and Mick and John played on everything, and that Danny and Jeremy played on Peter's stuff means they get included, too. But, I was pissed that a guy who was on five albums and another guy who was in the band for eight years got passed over. What I find especially odd is that the Hall lists Sentimental Lady as an essential song on their Fleetwood Mac page.
Quote:
Essential Songs

Don’t Stop
Rhiannon
The Chain
Dreams
Oh Well
Landslide
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Black Magic Woman
Sentimental Lady

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-15-2008 at 05:18 PM..