View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I posted this in another PeaceKeeper Thrown Down thread and thought it might of some relevance here.

What makes people so sure that Mick, John, and Stevie will turn up on this song or some of the other Lindsey Stuff we have heard? Yes Mick played drums on numerous tracks and John some bass. However, to assume that every track you have heard will be reworked with contributions from the other 3 may be wrong. Numerous songs labled as Fleetwood Mac have not had contributions from all the members. Lindsey has talked about playing bass parts on Tango in the Night using a Fairlight Synth, and Stevie's vocals are missing from many Lindsey tunes on Tango. Some of the percussion and drum sounds on that album are synth produced as well. It is well documented that some songs on Tusk were Lindsey all by myself.

My point to all of the above. Don't assume that every Lindsey tune you have heard has been reworked to include all of the band members. There is much in Fleetwood Mac's history that says that may not be the case.

I think a lot of last 18 months was spent with the band producing Stevie's songs not redoing nearly complete Lindsey songs.

With all that said, I am sure some of the Lindsey tunes we have heard will have been changed and maybe even a sprinkling on the album of songs never before heard!!