View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't recall that article but the Mcvie bio that Lis compiled references the topic (of wanting an ordinary mum) and some of Tee's healing. I won't paste the full bio here since it is lengthy but scroll down to the photo of her father and the end of the paragraph:

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...d=72&Itemid=88

Christine recalls that her mother may have been "frustrated in the sense that she wasn't musical and the rest of us are"-- but Tee's gifts lay more in the realm of the supernatural. Chris remembers her mum curing a family friend of leukemia after being sent "a white kid glove, which she wore several times in bed;" they got a phone call soon after from the lady's companion, who told them, "The doctors couldn't understand it, but she was completely healed, not a thing wrong with her." Tee also made a '"rather nasty wart" underneath her daughter's nose disappear just by putting her finger on it one night before Chris went to bed. However, in the fine tradition of teenage girls everywhere, Christine later found her mother's interests a source of embarrassment: "At the time, it concerned me, because she belonged to the Psychic Research Society and used to go off ghost-hunting. I said, 'You're too weird, Mum! Why can't you just be an ordinary mum?'" (Chris later told us in a 1995 Q&A: "Every once in a while, I sense something, but for the most part, not really. My brother definitely has some of it. I don't think I am a psychic person, though I wish I had inherited some of her powers.")