View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Wild Heart was platinum but did not go double platinum until December 1983 or 1984.
This means Bella Donna sold just over 1 million copies in 1983 which is completely believable since it sold over twice as much as the Wild Heart. As Fishkin once said, every studio release sold less as the drugs increased.
No way Stevie was the best selling female artist in 1983. She was always eclipsed by Benatar. Benatar had 2 albums on the charts in 1983 with releasing her "Live from Earth" late in 1983 which sold over a million copies and she was the only female artist to have a live album go platinum. The album was from her "Get Nervous" tour where the album peaked at #4 and stayed on the charts for 46 weeks. That album also featured "Love is a Battlefield" which Pat again beat Stevie for the female rock category for the Grammy and Music award. This is why at the time I hated Pat because that sneaky live album at the end of 1983 screwed Stevie out of a Grammy

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-11-2020 at 04:02 AM..