View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree on Thrown Down (Wall of Sound)- a terrific song that would have made a huge difference for TISL- written by Stevie, powerhouse performance and production- instead, Everyday, landed like a thud. Not written by Stevie, bad production and uninspired vocals.

So, top 10 modern songs, I'm going to stay away from older songs brought back to life.

1. Call on Me for Magic- One of the most beautiful, inspired vocals in a very long time.
2. Fall from Grace- A driving beat, great vocals and good songwriting make this one a winner.
3. Love Changes- Nice vocals and a keeper for TISL
4. Italian Summer- On the Mitzo track here that her slower songs are wonderful and showcase her powerful vocals when she wants to sing.
5. In Your Dreams- I like this song and it has a bit of a I Don't Want to Know vibe for me- would've made a great Mac song IMO.
6. Everybody Finds Out- Why oh Why wasn't this heavily promoted, it's great!
7. Illume- despite some lyrical missteps, has a nice vibe and production value.
8. For What it's Worth- Drones on a bit, but a nice melody and a feel good song.
9. Trouble in Shangri La- Great writing and killer chorus if slightly weak vocally in spots.
10. Destiny Rules- her best post dance song and the best song on Say You Will to my ears- again- some weak spots but still a great song.