View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
But if you only liked Stevie Nicks why would you look at it? I wouldn't berate a Peter Green fan for not being interested in picking up Rumours (and believe me I've met plenty who feel that way).
Again, straw man. I said "Look at how many people just on this board have dismissed Time altogether because Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine are not on it, when we know that's not entirely true." It should be painfully clear that what I was saying is that we know that there was at least ONE vocalist from the Rumours band on Time, and that THAT FACT has gotten screwed up over the years. I even went on to clarify it to say "people on here who didn't even look at the album because they thought it didn't have any of the Rumours-era vocalists on it."

Nowhere did I berate anybody in this thread for their OPINIONS of Time, nor did I berate anybody for not buying the album because Stevie Nicks was not on it. We all have our own individual tastes in music.

What I AM saying is that, through the years, people have posted that they never bought Time because they thought the only people from the Rumours-era that were on the thing were just Mick and John, and were surprised to learn that Christine McVie was also on the record and had a significant number of songs. I also remember a few of these folks buying the album after learning this.

I understand that people want to have something that is familiar. They didn't think that there would be anything familiar with Time, and then learned that there was something in fact familiar with Time.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-08-2009 at 05:10 PM..