View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
One poster said CA gave up a career for him. What career? She was a high school graduate working in a recording studio with her then boyfriend; correct me if I read wrong. Which in the real world meant he (the boyfriend) was the one with the recording studio job and she hung out there with him hoping to hitch her wagon to a star. As for LB asking for her advise about his music-hog wash. Why would he ask CA when he had 4 other gifted musicians in the band to go to. And, if he's the control freak everyone seems to claim that he is, then I seriously doubt that he would ask some high school graduate from Oklahoma-who has written how many songs:answer none-for an opinion.

CarolC
Don't be knockin' the Oklahoma high school graduates working at studios. (There are some of us still out there.) Back in the day, that was how you got 'in' the business. You hung around the studio as either the gofer or receptionist. Now, it's kind of important that you get a college degree.

And it's not unheard of for an artist to ask an outsider their opinion on an album, especially if he has an ulterior motive. (Like getting into her pants.) I might as well be a receptionist at the studio I'm interning at because, for all most people know, I'm the girl who sits at the desk and answers the phone. I've been asked what I think of whatever's being worked on in the studio at that moment, and I'm really a nobody without a song credit to my name.

I'm not validating what she said in her book but it's not totally unheard of....

Twitter me

Last edited by snicksfan85; 07-03-2007 at 10:58 AM..