View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would put the lyrics of "Say Goodbye" at the top for this record and perhaps for all LB's stuff. Sheer beauty to me. It is also quite powerful live as it is slower and they face each other while singing most of the song. I am also pretty sure LB hads tears in the Atlanta show at the end of it. I did.

I also like "Miranda" but the lyrics are not as accessible as the former because they seem to be written about one person. However and in my opinion, I can read the lyrics of "Miranda" to apply to many things not necessarily related to the perhaps fictional Miranda. For example, I often feel like taking the stars down to have little something to call my own - in other words, I want to take something beautiful and/or seemingly eternal like a star and have it for myself even if just for a little while. Even if that is not what he is talking about, it still works for me; that is one of the great things about this song. I also love that LB waxed romantic and perhaps dangerously in Stevie level romanticism in this song.

The chorus of Murrow and Red Rover are just brilliant.

Finally, even with the grammatical error of "Pretending that she don't miss me," I love "Bleed to Love Her."

All in all, I think LB is perhaps at his all time best in Say You Will.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-20-2003 at 02:42 PM..