Thread: Red Rocks 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She used to open with Stand Back and Fall From Grace! Fall From Grace was an awesome opener. Gold and Braid was fun because even though it wasn't well known in the arena, people could dance to the chorus.

I think The Chain builds and it's a hot opener.
I agree. Gold and Braid was a fantastic opener. I also loved that she dropped Dreams from the set when I saw a later 24k Gold leg.

Outside the Rain became and opener during the RAL tour. She was still opening with Gold Dust woman but shortened her set dropping GDW and Sara. She stuck with OTR forever as the opener and her sets became so stale. I have always thought a full rock version of I Cant Wait would be a great opener. Not sure she could pull it off today though.
BTW, I loved the Benmont Tench/Waddy versions of GDW on the BD/Wild Heart tours. It was mystical, rocking, and a great opener. The way she does it today would not be a great opener. I may be in the minority but dont care for Fall From Grace. Its just her singing fast. There is not much music. She thinks its a rocker but does not even have a guitar solo. But dont get me started about Sheryl Crow and TISRL because most of that album is so freaking boring.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-20-2022 at 06:31 AM..