View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
I was thinking Loretta Swit.
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...

ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.

Last edited by joe; 04-28-2004 at 09:25 AM..