View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think it wasn't as much about trying get along for the purpose of getting along as it was about getting her to record. I think he reaaaaaaally wanted to get her to record and was very much trying to butter her up to lure her back in the studio. I was reading/listening to a lot of the interviews with him from around 2011-2013 and it's obvious how much he was trying for that. He talked a lot about how happy he knew she was when she made her album with Dave Stewart all nice and cozy at her house and that it was a really good experience for her. Then shortly after that he had her come to HIS house for the EP and he made it all nice and cozy. He even said he wrote Sad Angel about that exact thing, her getting back to 'fight' the FM battle. Even little things like David Wilde said he added Stephanie to his solo setlist because he thought she might like it etc. Basically I think he was trying to kiss her butt to get her to do an album but it didn't work and I'm sure he started getting very frustrated.
[/B]

That you for posting those quotes. That is very interesting. It seems like he tried so hard to make her happy. Makes me think that what happened may be much more than we realize. Why would she make comment about wanting to spend rest of her life happy? Also makes me wonder that a change of scenery and perhaps change of producer she had with Dave Stewart, he was able to pull something out of her that Lindsey has not. In Your Dreams is my favorite album of hers and has some of my favorite songs of hers.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB