Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ALICE COOPER To Guest On DAMON JOHNSON Album - Mar. 17, 2010

According to a posting on the ALICE COOPER fan site SickThingsUK, guitarist Damon Johnson is in the final stages of recording a new solo acoustic album, tentatively titled "Release". This will be his first solo effort since 2000's "Dust".

"There was a stack of songs sitting around that I felt I'd be proud to have a recorded version of me singing them," Damon says. "For all the different projects I've been involved in, the one thing they all have in common is great songs. It's been amazing to be able to collaborate and learn from all these great musicians and songwriters."

"Release" is being recorded at Kensington Road Studios in Birmingham, Alabama and will showcase a diverse array of material. There are a couple of songs that have been staples of Damon's live acoustic shows in recent years, like "Leave It All Behind" and "Every Day", which Stevie Nicks recorded a version of in 2001. Several songs will feature a full rhythm section accompaniment, and Damon's daughter Sarah duets with him on "Better Days Will Come At Last" and a cover of SHELBY LYNNE's "Where I'm From".

"I've lived in Birmingham since 1987," Damon says. "As I'm getting ready to move my family and start our new life in Nashville, this album is sort of a love letter to Alabama."

The new album will also contain a cover of Damon's favorite ALICE COOPER song, "Generation Landslide", featuring Alice himself on harmonica. "I've wanted Coop to add this song to the live set ever since I joined the band," Damon says. "The original version from 'Billion Dollar Babies' is centered around the acoustic guitar, and we've stayed true to that arrangement. We had a blast recording it."

The album will be mixed by Damon's longtime collaborator Kelly Gray, and should be completed by June 1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=136906