View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You are forgetting that many people have a stronger solo career than Nicks, including Pat Benatar who has never even been nominated. People keep making comparisons when they complain about Stevie being nominated because it’s not Stevie’s solo career that makes her more worthy than Pat or others, it is the total body of work and Stevie is already in the Hall. It doesn’t seem fair to a lot of Ripley.
I like Pat Benatar a lot, I think she's underrated. However, I don't think an argument can really be made that Stevie shouldn't be in the HoF because someone else isn't, you know what I mean? And I'm not sure that Pat has or had a stronger solo career than Stevie, either. Steve's last 3 albums charted pretty high, much much higher than any of Pat's in the last decade.

When I think of other women in similar situations as Stevie- in a group and solo, there's Belinda Carlisle and the Go-Go's, Beyonce and Destiny's Child, and Diana Ross and the Supremes are the only ones I can think of right away, and Stevie is the only one who still juggles both successfully. I don't know, I think that gives her an edge.