View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by momst1 View Post
I’ve been lurking, but this thread makes me giddy and I had to share. July of 1978, Fleetwood Mac sold out 2 shows at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin. They added a third show, I MADE my first husband and his friend, drive from Clinton, Iowa to Rockford, IL, in the middle of the night, to get to the nearest ticket box office to be the first in line. They did, they were and we had 10th row, center. We got to the venue early, partied in the parking lot, and saw the helicopter bring the group in. I was 18 years old (yeah, it wasn’t unusual to marry young back then) , and we were blown away by the music. First, Walter Egan opened. Nice. My husband, God rest his soul, swore that when Stevie sang Rhiannon, she floated through the air…LOL...yeah, she did the crouch down thing and stood up very slowly, with the wind blowing her “wings” and hair. It was beautiful, I was hooked. Lindsay’s big curly “fro” bouncing back and forth with the scream of his guitar…..Crazy Mick and quiet John…..Christine ending the show with Songbird….God, I love going back to that place and time.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
Wowwowowowwwwwwww! Luuuuuuucky!