View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I do agree that some of the backing musicians is a bit extreme. I don't think they needed 3 back up singers in 1987 but Stevie had 3 of them on her RAL tour so I guess she could not pick who stayed home. The additional percussionist does add a neat layer to the songs live.
I may be in the minority of what I am going to say. As much as I wish Lindsey stayed to tour during Tango and I missed him, I much preferred the Tango Tour and BTM tour compared to the Dance. Its not about Lindsey at all but the sound. By 1997 technology really changed the way bands sound live. Gone was arena rock by the Mac and their live sound had changed to a very studio-esque sound. Call me old fashioned but I love and miss the arena rock sound. For example, LOVED Chris cranking up the organ keyboards for Say You Love Me during the Tusk tour. For On With The Show, it was a pre-programmed type of thing that Chris needed to learn how to manipulate it live. I remember one show had several false starts to Say You Love Me because of this new fangled piece of technology. The Chain and Sisters really ROCKED during that era. Today is a very technical sound which I bet most appreciate. I miss the arena rock sound of not trying to sound like the record.