View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Can someone fill me in on the FM Live Sara? The vocal on that track is sublime - have never heard another version that came close. Is it a canned vocal/fake live track?

>Edit: Maybe that's a stupid question - I just listened to the St Louis version. It very closely tracks the Live record version, but the vocals we're obviously re-recorded in post. Although interestingly, the guitar part is different as well.
Your guess is as good as mine. In fact, it's the same guess. Stevie must have recorded that FM Live vocal at some point before December 1980, because that's when the album was released.

Here's another guess: That vocal isn't a studio vocal but a live vocal from a different show on the tour -- plastered atop the band's instrumental performance from St. Louis in November. I can't pinpoint just why I think it's a live vocal, other than to say that it has a balls-to-the-wall immediacy to it that seems more as if it was sung to an audience instead of a couple of guys behind a glass booth.

I don't notice the difference in guitar licks.

Another sweet little addition to the FM Live album is the Buckingham & Nicks backup vocal line "let me down again" on "Over & Over."

I wish Ken Caillat would write his book about FM Live (& take questions) instead of Rumours ... again.

moviekinks.blogspot.com