View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
uh, Glen Frey also died.

And you've missed the main point. Key figures in bands, like, the one and only front person, can leave (for whatever reason) and nowadays the bands keep going. Azoff would have been, IMHO, the first one to point this out to the band to allay any concerns they might have had re: whether it was a good/viable decision to keep going after firing LB. Which Mick in fact said they did-- they had the conversation about can we do this? And then decided they could. His words. I'm betting Azoff as their manager was part of that conversation and one of the strongest voices telling them they could and should keep going.
I was talking more about Don Felder than Glen Frey. That's why I said I was adding my 0.02 Queen cents.

They all plotted against Lindsey. Azzoff included. I'm still unsure if Christine and John were part of that conversation, they disagreed and Mick/Stevie/Azzoff went on despite their differences and behind Christine and John's backs. Hence Christine's displeasure in the CBS interview.

After the last Mick's interview I'm starting to wonder if Stevie in fact wanted to fire him before Musicares and maybe Mick told her 'no'. Not defending Mick here, but she probably wanted to even take that away from him and his family.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 03-10-2019 at 04:24 PM..