View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Exactly. When has this band ever been happy post-1976? I don't think many people would have been too shocked if FM had broken up after Rumours due to all the drama. But it is kind of a shock now: the band weathered all the emotional travails of their prime years, and they're going to fire a core member now, in their golden years?

I agree that what really kept the band together post-Rumours was chasing pop success. They had to capitalize on that, and they definitely couldn't afford to lose Lindsey in their prime, as he was essentially the creative director of the band. Now that any commercial relevance is behind FM and they're just an oldies touring act, they don't really need Lindsey as much anymore.

He already helped craft their hits, so they can just hire other players to sing his songs and play the guitar parts he created.

yep, aided and abetted by Azoff.... I'm sure he pointed out to them, "Look at the Eagles....Glen who was the lead/co-lead is gone, and they just replaced him and the fans are fine, they're making money hand over fist" And then Journey kept going and just replaced Steve Perry, and Queen kept going replacing their ONLY lead singer and ONLY really energetic front person Freddie Mercury and fans still paid to fill shows, and example after example.

He would have been one of the major voices probably both while they were deciding and afterward encouraging this.