View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds as if Mick were downplaying a Stevie Nicks solo tour year. Is it possible he talked Stevie into being available in 2020 for Fleetwood Mac?

Somebody is peeved that he was sued.
mick is always very vague and nondescript when it comes to things that are completely out of his control (read: in stevie's control), but he wants to keep people engaged just in case. he was like that on the FM music that ended being BuckVie for years. and, just read all his responses in this interview - including one on LB which is full of circular nonsense and not saying anything except making it clear their initial "he didn't want to tour" was bs excuse and yet again lying about "he left" which was their original pr idea that got blown to pieces when what they did leaked.

also, apparently Campbell said something while promoting his current tour (full text is in UK's Uncut) which is parallel to what mick said here:

"Campbell also reveals that Fleetwood Mac are currently on hiatus after their recent mammoth world tour. “It was a year and a half! I’ve never toured that long in my life. It was really joyful. Great songs, and I love that rhythm section – I had so much fun playing with Mick and John. We ended the tour and we had a meeting. They are all even older than me, and I’m pretty old, and they were saying, I don’t think we’re up for doing any more long tours like this ever again. Stevie wants to do a solo show, she’s doing that right now, but in a year or so, if a handful of dates show up that made sense, everybody is open to doing those. So we’re on hiatus until things develop.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"