View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I've seen Neil perform many times and he doesn't seem to have a preferred side. I've seen him on the left and I've seen him on the right. He usually rotates between piano and guitar during shows, but I assume he'll mostly be on rhythm guitar in Fleetwood Mac. He also likes to wander around during shows. He really loves collaborating and allowing musical magic to happen in spontaneous moments. Those with interest in learning about Neil's performing and songwriting may want to check out the lecture he gave at Yale back in September of 2012. It was about creativity in music and I believe it's still online.
I have to check that out. I'm sure it will be interesting.

Here they are jamming together in Maui. I think that the girls will stay on the left together. Neil and Mike will be on right but Mike will probably move around a bit between Stevie, Neil and the rhythm section.

I think GYOW can stay in the set. This band have never hidden their drama. They wear it on their sleeve. It's also a crowd favourite that everyone sings along to.

I like scruffy Neil but for these shows, maybe he will spruce up a little. (Stevie will probably give him a few tips!)

ETA: Ty for posting the film of Neil talking about his songwriting process here. I will watch it in full later and share my thoughts. As I've said previously, I believe he is one of the best songwriters of all time from southern hemisphere. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57931

Last edited by Missy; 05-22-2018 at 02:15 AM..