View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
For some great music critics The Other Side of the Mirror is her best album, or at least one of the best ones. I personally like most of it lyrics-wise, what is not everyone's cup of tea (not even mine I admit) is the very late 80s production that made it outdated probably by the year after. With time I'm coming to appreciate it just like Rock a Little that lately is experiencing a resurrecting appeal.
A-men Sister
The writing on TOSOTM is incredible except for the few songs she did not write (go figure). I would say its right behind Bella Donna for writing. The music is pretty good too. All of us fans are unique and like different things. For me personally, I have a spiritual connection to many of Stevie's writings. It sounds weird but sometimes I feel like she is writing about me or I wrote the song because its so close to me on a spiritual level. I have no spiritual connections to anything on RAL
Commercial success means nothing to me. Christine's 1984 concert had about 200 people including myself but it was my favorite concert. Street Angel was not that popular but its one of my favorites. The Dance was a huge commercial success but most of it was the novelty of the band back together again. So it pumped life into their careers for sure. The simple pop songs don't cut it for me. But I respect those who that means something. But you should never knock an album for lack of commercial success. You can hate all the songs on TOSOTM but its not true that Stevie sounds bad or could not sing on the album. When you understand the meaning behind Ghosts, Alice, Two Kinds of Love, Long Way To go and escape from Berlin it may make you appreciate the music a little more.